Friday, February 12, 2010

Another baby update...



Once again, sorry for the gap in posts. I am trying to be one of those consistent "bloggers" but to be honest...I just want to relax when I get home and blogging is really not on my top list of things to do (sleeping is). I figure that these next 7 weeks I am going to take full advantage of sleep since it will be a thing of the past soon enough :)

Anyway, things are going rather well! I am 33 weeks and ready to pop! We had another ultrasound the other day because at my last visit a couple of weeks ago they told me I was measuring small. At this point, I am thinking to myself, "is this lady smoking crack?! Small?? Not possible lady!" But, to steer on the side of caution, they wanted to do an ultrasound to make sure little man was growing normally. The ultrasound showed good progress and that he is in fact growing and healthy :) Praise the Lord...I love good reports from the doctor :) As the ultrasound tech did her job as we watched the screen, we got to see yet ANOTHER 3d pic of him! His has filled out A LOT since our last ultrasound and we are in shock about how much we can see that he looks like his daddy!

Needless to say, we are so excited to meet him and feel like 7 weeks is FOREVER away, but really its not. I look back to last summer when we first found out I was pregnant and can't believe how far I've come. God has really blessed this family...good jobs, good health, embarking upon home ownership, and a precious baby boy coming right around the corner!

Outside of pregnant life, things are going well for us too :) Andy is FINALLY in the down season of his job and can finally relax...its been a long time coming and we are so glad for him to be able to have some down time for the next 5 months...perfect timing with all the new events about to submerge here! Teaching is going well...a little stressful as I am taking my leave soon and trying to get my students ready for TCAP. Lots on my plate with my job but just taking it one day at a time. Really disappointed with public education, but remembering that I am there for a reason and all I can do is my best :)

Levi is doing well...we think he is starting sense something big is about to happen (poor guy). He is still our "baby" though and we are praying for a good transition into brotherhood for him :) He has had some rather expensive health issues come up but we are thankful that God has provided for us to be able to take care of him :) We are hoping we have finally found a "cure" for his problems. To make a long story short, it started with a HORRIBLE case of ringworm that spread to a chronic staph infection due to the ringworm and his 50 million allergies...we are hoping the allergy shot they are making based onhis blood work will give him a better quality of life...he is just MISERABLY itchy! Pray for us and Levi on that!

More to come later...

No comments: