Monday, May 17, 2010

Brayden's first shot...

After much research and praying and worrying and debating, etc...Andy and I have decided to get Brayden vaccinated. We just feel the Lord is laying it on our hearts that the risks of not vaccinating outweigh the risks of vaccinating. Also, the Lord continually brings me back to the fact that He is in control and He loves Brayden more than Andy and I ever could (if thats possible!), and that Brayden's little body will be protected by Him :) However, we are vaccinating him on a staggered schedule in which he will get no more than 2 shots at a time. We were going to wait til he was 3 to 4 months old to begin his shots, but with us traveling a long way in a few weeks, I did not want to risk him catching anything. Pertussis is a very scary and deadly thing for a newborn to catch and I would be devastated if something like that came his way. He goes in for his first set of shots tomorrow...please, please, please say a prayer that Brayden's little body will take to the shots well and that he will have no adverse side effects. And pray for mommy that my heart will be strong for him as I try to comfort him during the process! Updates and pictures to come after his appointment!

No comments: